In this episode, serial entrepreneur and CEO of E7 Health and US Drug Test Centers, Jonathan Baktari, MD, shares his disruptive methodology in hiring, onboarding and motivating the people in his company. His experience and insights are excitingly out of the box. This episode is like getting the Cliff-notes to a masters degree in people management!
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Be emotionally prepared to do many roles in your business at the beginning. That way you can have a mutually respectful relationship with your employees as you start to grow.
- When you are in start-up mode, you need every person in your organization to feel they are an ‘owner’. The key to achieving this is effective communication.
- Be honest in your expectations, but be prepared to part ways with people who may be doing an OK job, but do not have the right mindset.
- Startups need everyone to be a rockstar. Its the only way your business will grow.
- Interview only people that are qualified for what you need.
- To avoid getting a pre-scripted interview, talk about something that is not in their resume.
- Show vulnerability. It will put your employees on your side.
- We’re all humans, and we all grow, we all learn.
Dr. Jonathan Baktari M.D. brings over 20 years of medical, administrative, and entrepreneurial experience to lead the current E7 Health and US drug test centers. He has been a triple board-certified physician with specialties in internal medicine, pulmonary and critical care medicine. His experience includes being Medical Director of The Valley Health Systems, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Culinary Health Fund, and currently, is the CEO of two healthcare companies as well as a serial investor and entrepreneur. He also has served as clinical faculty for several medical schools, including the University of Nevada and Touro University.
To find out more about Jonathan visit: