In this episode, we welcome back Lynn Power, an advertising agency CEO turned startup entrepreneur, as she shares how she went from the corporate world to starting her own brand from the ground up!
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- The jump from the corporate world to your own business starts with a business you know all about.
- Starting a business means coming up with a product that can be a better solution to any existing problems.
- Before working on anything else, you have to decide on the brand first.
- Advertising is a pretty good background that prepares you for the nitty gritty details and layers of starting your own business.
- A critical part of launching a business is identifying what you can do well, and finding help for things you can’t.
- Find people who are willing to take on specific roles and not just those who say they can.
THIS WEEK’S GUEST
Lynn Power is a 30-year veteran of the advertising industry. She is the former CEO of J Walter Thompson NY turned entrepreneur. Her advertising career saw her oversee L’Oreal hair care including the launch of Natural Match and work for Preference, Feria, Couleur Experte, Excellence and Vive, featuring celebrities such as Eva Longoria, Heather Locklear, Andie MacDowell and Beyonce. She oversaw the launch of Gillette Venus, Gillette Skincare for Men, and Duracell Ultra and led the brand campaign for AOL. Lynn left the corporate world in 2018 and launched MASAMI, a clean premium haircare in February 2020, which she’s grown through her knowledge of what it takes to launch a business and brand positioning.
For more information, or to get in touch with Lynn, check out:
Masami Hair Care: www.lovemasami.com
Simon Lader is the host of The Conference Room, Co-Founder of global executive search firm Salisi Human Capital, and online coaching firm Salisi Academy. Since 1997, Simon has helped Senior Executives achieve Life Transformation through finding their ideal job and consulted with leading enterprise software and cybersecurity vendors to build highly effective teams.
Get to know more about Simon at: